Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hello Again

Well hello again.  I know it's been awhile since I posted...and since I CLEARLY have a huge audience, I apologize to all three of you for the delay.  Thank you for your patronage :)

Ok, so I didn't end up going to take pictures of my friend's beautiful daughter (bad weather...hurricanes-n-such).  We did, however, go to the zoo.  It was actually a great day, and I was able to bring home a bunch of fun pictures.  And about 30 bug bites on my legs.  Good times.

Onto the animals....

I love elephants.  I hope I look this good when I'm old and wrinkly

This rhino was going to have nothing to do with the crowd of people willing him to turn around.  You've got to admire that kind of stubbornness 

Ahh the gorillas.  Always a fun stop

And the orangutans...this guy woke up, meandered across this rope thing, and then went right back to sleep.  What a life to live, huh?

Have you ever seen a baby orangutan?  Really, truly, honestly - this little guy was by far the cutest animal we saw all day.

It was lunch time at the petting zoo, which meant they were too busy stepping on each other to get to the food to stop and let us pet them.  

Back to the gorillas.  This guy was having the time of his life inspecting his foot.  It was pretty cute :)

Onto the lions.  This mama just had three little boy cubs - she has obvious reasons to be this tired

One close up - I couldn't resist.  I realize that she could maul me as easily as I flick off a mosquito, but her paws look so sweet and fluffy.  Kinda like my kitties, except a teeeny bit more powerful. 

That's it for now!  Wednesday morning we leave for California to photograph K & A's wedding, and we are SUPER excited.  The wedding isn't until Saturday, so we'll have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to roam all over the coast and Hwy 1 and take an excessive amount of pictures.  What's more fun than that?  

We'll also be bringing the laptop, and I've told J to force me into blogging while we're gone.  So my 3 readers will have something to do while they procrastinate ;)


5 comments:

Jojo said...

I absolutely need something to do while I procrastinate writing my next blog.

Tell K I said congrats!

fulvia said...

The baby orangutan is adorable--he has the same hairstyle you had when you were first born! Doesn't the picture of the petting zoo make you glad you were an only child?

Have fun in Calif. Give my love to J and a big hug and good luck to K!
Mom

Unknown said...

BAHAHAH...you love the day you were born.

Thanks for the pics. What the hell....did you like crawl into the cages or do you have a super zoom lens?

Can't wait to see Cali pics.

Unknown said...

I hope I'm included as one of the elite 3!! I can't wait to see the pictures from the wedding. I am sure they will be spectacular. I still need to figure out a time for you to take mine and Henry's pictures. Maybe when you come in town in October??

p.s. were you really close to that tiger?? I so don't believe that you were close enough for him to maul you or however you spelled it. I am aware that there is such thing as a zoom lense Buddy. You can't foul me!!

Have fun at the wedding!!

Debbie said...

Great shots again! Count me as one of your biggest supporters! You know how I loved your pics from way back.....Yes, how close were you to those animals??? I know Josh was there to protect you!!! Have a wonderful time in CA. Can't wait to see what you both do with the wedding pictures.
Love, Momma Pinchok