Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hello 2009!

Well well well.  Welcome back, me.  

2008 was a brutal year, and I'm not sorry to say that I was glad to see it come to an end.  2009, however, has kicked off in a much more positive light, and I'm excited to see what it brings to our little corner of the universe. :)

I've got a plethora of photos stockpiled since it's been so long since my last post...I don't even know where to start!  We took a trip up to Knoxville to see our new nephew (also a B name...hmm...going to have to come up with a new name for him!  Maybe Mini B?  Baby B?  BM?) and for my dad's 60th birthday.  (Happy birthday dad!)  On the way back we drove through the mountains and I got some fun country shots.

This barn was craaazy cool!  I totally made J stop in the middle of the road so I could take some pics.  Luckily we were in the middle of nowheresville South Carolina (or was it TN?  One thing's for sure - it was somewhere so deep in the southern rebel flag hangin' country that J didn't want to get out of the car) that stopping in the middle of the road wasn't a big problem.


This guy was fun too.  We actually pulled a big u-turn and I got out of the car for him.  Crunched around in the hay to get some fun shots.  Can you believe that he was just sitting out there in the middle of nowhere, all broken down and junked up?  Who just LEAVES a truck on the side of the road?  


We actually drove a mile or so away before I begged J to go back for this one.  I just thought it was awesome.  Seriously?  Hay for sale on a trailer?  There wasn't even any hay around!  J wouldn't let me out of the car for this one, and considering this was actually someone's drive way, I guess I can understand :)  Here's a close up:

I want to hang this on a wall somewhere.  I don't know where...but somewhere!  It just makes me smile :)  If you come to stay with me and discover this on a guest bedroom wall, don't be surprised.  I'm just sayin.

All right, that's enough for tonight.  Wouldn't want to go all crazy and wear myself out on my first night back.  Or something.  

Night Ya'll!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good photos :)


Visit my blog

http://naszesydney.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome Gerber...gotta love the bumble%$#* places in the south land, providing quality entertainment as well as quality pictures! Glad you're on the horse with the postings and rolling around in the hay with your man! ;) love you!

fulvia said...

I'm so glad J has the sense not to let you out of the car!!! Do you know what they do to trespassers here in the south? !! Regardless, those are really awesome pictures:)