Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am a Roller Coaster

That's right, I said it.  I'm a roller coaster.  Clarification?  Can't read my mind?  Hmm...ok then.


So here I sit, at my computer uploading close to 1500 photos onto my laptop, for the first time in a few weeks.  This is my relationship with photography - I am nonchalant about it for stretches, picking up my camera every few days feeling uninspired by what's around me.  Then all of a sudden, as I've been climbing slowly to the crest of my photography-loving hill, I can't put the darn thing down.  Like, run home mid day when I should be eating just so I can grab my Canon and spend my lunch break at the park across the street taking 350 pictures of TREES.  Or our jack-o-lantern, or some flowers, or my nephew B.  All the excitement of the loopy loops and corkscrews comes rushing in and my shutter finger just won't stop clicking.  


See how I am a roller coaster of photography?  Clear as mud?  Cool.


The downside of my surge of excitement is that now I've got a million photos to put up here but the OCD side of my brain insists on individual posts so that I give the illusion of some sort of organization.  So I need to curb my enthusiasm (ha!) and take my time.  Booooo.  Only children aren't good at that.  


All right then, enough non-sensical chatter.  Let's start with the roses.  (We only children are also slightly pre occupied with ourselves, so it makes sense that I would start with the subject that contains part of my name.  These photos also kicked off my surge in shutter finger love, so it placates the OCD side of my as well.) 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those petals obviously reflect you to a tee-rrific!!