Monday, August 11, 2008

Blast from the past

So I realized that thus far I've been all talk and no show.  I mean, I could blab all day long about loving photography back in the day, but I haven't shown any of my old stuff!  Now, I'm not claiming to be great by any stretch - this is just something that I loved to do and was pretty good at coercing my friends into participating in :)  

Like I said, these were all taken with a 35mm in black and white film.  I developed the film and then developed the prints in a dark room. When they didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, I usually just colored over them.  Totally easy cop-out, but occasionally it would yield something worth while.  OCCASIONALLY.  Since I was a dancer at that point, most of my photos were of girls in my company.

This is one that I manipulated with art sticks (sticks of straight pigment).  We were decorating our hands for one of the Primitive Light shows

 My friend who's getting married?  See below.  The sweet little girl on the stool?  Her flower girl

I loved these black tutu's so much!  I only got to wear white (boo)

And here's the bride again, showing off her best *assets*.  Hehe.  I couldn't resist :)

Ahhh the pain of pointe.  Love it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GR,
I LOVE your pics. I can't wait to see more. Put up more of the cats!
Love Stef

Joshua said...

GinaRose, didn't I take all of these pictures? I am really happy that you have taken up photography again after such a long hiatus. I will be your guy who sits back and holds that foil thingy any time you want me to. I love you! - Joshua

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Love the pic of the ballerina holding the girl. Nice to "meet" you!

Anonymous said...

Gerber you're the BOMB!!!! I wish I had half your artistic talent! I'm so glad you're getting back to the roots of creativity, I'm unbelievably proud of you....Keep up the clickin! I still want some of those black and whites, AND I can't wait to see what you shoot next month! ;) much love kittie!