Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Butterflies + Bees + Macro = FUN

So here we are.  A brand new, distinctly different and therefore correctly labeled post.  Dedicated just to the butterflies and bees that I could not get enough of this weekend.  Let's be real - these would not have looked good lumped together with the previous landscape post.  Plus, it makes me feel organized and sane, ok?  Ok then.


Clearly these don't need much of an introduction.  They are butterflies and bees, taken with my macro.  Somebody make me put that thing down!

They were beautiful though.  I love the colors nature produces...

And the bees!

I could not get enough of those bees

Don't worry mom, I didn't get too close...

Except when I took this one. (you know I'm a hypochondriac...I had already asked D, a 30+yr ER nurse, all about the symptoms of anaphylactic shock, just in case.  You can never be too careful).  Pretty cool though.  

As much as I love the above picture, I don't want to end on something that could be considered "scary".  

Wimps.  

Just kidding...if it were a spider I would have beaten an Olympic runner in the 100 meter dash to get as far away from the 8-legged creep as possible.  And I don't run.

So here's one that's a little more pleasant.  Cute, even.  
Ok, that's the end of my bugs. 

Saturday I'm taking some pics of another little angel I know, so if you prefer sweet little girls to bees, I suppose you'll enjoy Saturday more than today.  I guess I could understand that :)

I like bugs though.  As long as they don't have 8 legs.  Ew. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Buddy is that last shot one butterfly on top of another!? How can it be? I starred at it for a few minutes with no answer. How can a butterflu have four wings? I thought they only had 4? Please explain....

Unknown said...

Bahah the last picture if hilarious. It looks like he has a beak. Very nice pics. I'm scared of butterflies (because they are caterpillars that move in 3 dimensions) but I could handle looking at these!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are absolutely beautiful--even the bees! (and I don't believe you weren't standing close--be careful!!) I'd love to have some of those colors in my new house but it's so hard to match the vibrancy of nature. (By the way, Stef, afraid of butterflies???!!! Really?) The pictures of E were adorable too--she sure is growing up fast.
Looking forward to your next batch of photos...happy now? :)

fulvia said...

I couldn't sign in with my name before so in case you didn't know who anonymous was--it was me. I think I got it right this time. I'm so NOT good with technology!:(