Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taking a SHOT at landscapes

First of all, I know you love my play on words.  Don't lie...it made you giggle.  Or maybe that was just me.  Hmm...

Moving on.

I know I said I took pictures of things besides my sweet niece, and I promised to post them, but I can't resist starting with one more sweet shot.  Especially since clearly I need to work on taking pictures of people rather than, I don't know, PLANTS.  For that little wedding in 3 weeks...kinda important.

So here's one more of E, because she's just that dang cute:

OK.  Onto some landscape/non-human shots.  Here's a tree.  If you know me at all, you know that I love plants and the outdoors, so when I saw this scene I just couldn't help myself.

This was an out the window shot at Cades Cove.  I realize it's a little washed out, but it was a little hazy, and I do love me some mountains

On our drive home we got a little distracted on some country roads, especially once we realized we were literally in the middle of a cloud.  Pretty cool feeling to watch fog roll into you

So there you go...some landscape shots.  

Now, while on the foggy mountain I got a little distracted by some butterflies and bees.  Distracted to the point that J actually walked away and when I finally looked up and realized it was 20 minutes later I had a mini panic attack thinking he'd finally ditched me for stopping mid hike for the zillionth time to take random pictures with my beloved macro lens.  Fortunately, he had only wandered a short distance and wasn't (too) frustrated by my little pit stop.  This is why I love him so much...he puts up with all of my nonsense and maybe, perhaps, loves me a little more for it.  

However.  I can't put those in this post because they don't GO with the pictures I've already put up.  And I get a little OCD sometimes about things GOING together.  So those will come later...probably later tonight, because I'm busy and cool like that. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buddy you were as close as Cades Cove and you didn't tell me!? E is adorable by the way!